Created by Giuseppe Cipriani at Harry’s Bar, Venice in 1945 and named after the 15th-century Venetian painter Giovani Bellini due to the drinks hue and the painter’s use of colour on his canvases.
The Bellini’s home, Harry’s Bar was often frequented by Ernest Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald, Dorthy Parker and Orson Wells and continues to be a celebrity haunt to this day.
- 60 ml Peach Purée
- 7.5 ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 120 ml Prosecco
- 1 Peach Slice For Garnish
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add peach purée and lemon juice to the shaker with ice and shake
- Select a champagne flute and fine strain the contents of the cocktail mixer into the champagne flute
- Top the peach purée and lemon juice mixture in the glass with prosecco
- Garnish with a slice of peach