Ian Fleming’s 1957 novel From Russia, With Love, it’s revealed that James Bond – argably the most famous Martini fan- has Marmalade on his toast in the mornings.
Invented in 1996 by long-term president of the United Kingdom’s Bartender’s Guild, Salvatore Calbrese. Similar cocktails have allegedly come before it with a similar drink featured in Harry Craddock’s 1930 the The Savoy Cocktail Book.
- 1 tbsp English Marmalade
- 50 ml Gin
- 10 ml Cointreau Or Triple Sec
- 10 ml Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Slice Orange Peel
- Add marmalade and gin to a cocktail shaker and stir until combined
- Add ice, Cointreau and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker and shake
- Take a chilled Martini glass and strain the mixture into the glass
- Garnish with orange peel